Sunday 26 February 2012

Thais That Bind


Loving the flavors of Thailand! Spicy, more spicy and spiciest! Trying new things is always an adventure, and even more fun with food! I still haven't ventured into fried bugs or pickled pig legs, but the things I have tried I've enjoyed immensely! Not to mention the cheap prices... We've had two entrees, two drinks and a dessert for less than 300 baht, that's less than $10! The most we've spent on a dinner for two so far was at The House for a whopping 1,000 baht, which is only $30 and this was fine dining!

Takeout Pad Thai

Of course I couldn't come to Thailand and not have one of my favorite basic street foods, Pad Thai. I've had it three times now, once from a famous restaurant here in Chiang Mai called The House, once from a little hole in the wall called The Garden and again at a little restaurant across the street from our hotel as takeout. The takeout being the best I've had yet! (Pictured above)

Pad Thai from The House

Appetizer from The House

Napkin Folding at The House

Spicy Papaya Salad  (personal favorite)
Som Tam

Spicy Cashew Salad

Penang Curry with Chicken & Rice

Yellow Curry with Chicken and Rice
Kaeng Ka Ri Gai

Khao Soi


Coconut Ice Cream from The House

Fried Banana and Sticky Rice with Coconut Milk
from The Garden 
Kluai

A common open air dining experience in Chiang Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment