Tuesday 14 February 2012

Plans for Thailand & Bali


O, where do I begin! My excitement is out of control! I am dreaming of climbing limestone cliffs in Ao Nang with the Adaman Sea as our only backdrop, trekking up Mount Agung on a 5 hour hike that starts at midnight with flashlights as our only guide, scuba diving off the island of Ko Phi Phi Leh, becoming an Elephant Owner for a day at the amazing Patara Elephant Farm, sunbathing on Tham Phra Nang, cooking classes in Chiang Mai, silversmithing in Ubud, Temple exploring galore, shopping and street food in Bangkok and maybe, just maybe I will close my eyes at some point! We are set to leave on Monday... only 6 days away, yet it seems like forever. I have checked, double checked & triple checked my itinerary. Made lists upon lists of things not to forget, things we must see, places we must go and compiled them into what seems like an essay! My poor blessed husband, he must love me to tolerate this madness. He is the complete opposite from me when it comes to travel. He loves spontaneity and can travel anywhere with almost less than a carry on and laptop. I on the other hand, like a rough idea of plans and can't get on a plane with less than two bags because I can't be bothered with a carry on. I want to walk onto a plane with my purse, a book, water and nothing else. Although, with the fear of our luggage not arriving the same time we do, I will be forced to pack a small tote with only the essentials including but not limited to, a bathing suit, flip flops, cover up and sunscreen. With all this talk of packing, I think I will do just that... My husband on the other hand will without a doubt be packing the night before, if not the morning of! Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment