Monday 6 February 2012

30 Things to Start Doing

I stumbled upon a blog today that spoke volumes to me... A positive "to-do" list that I'm reading over and asking myself... do I apply this to my life?

Number 1: Start Spending Time with the Right People.
That's pretty straight forward huh? But I honestly whole heartedly visited this place about 4 years ago when I found myself surrounded with a few people that always left me feeling negative about myself. This took me time to realize. Unfortunately there wasn't any way for me to salvage those friendships, I couldn't change them. I had to change who I allowed to influence me, so I had to walk away.  Surrounding myself with people that inspire me, that I admire, that are positive, that are kind hearted and naturally good people. I don't have to be surrounded with people that think just like me or act just like me, but people that bring a positive light into my life. People that simply love being kind to others. After feeling mixed emotions for abandoning friendships to better my emotional state, I found the less time I spent with them, the less I felt so bad about calling the friendship quits.

I'm not going to address all 30 here and now, but I will definitely be revisiting this article to keep myself in check. To be accountable to myself for my own happiness. I wanted to share this post and have it here when I need to refresh along the journey!

'To-do' List for Life

No comments:

Post a Comment