Monday 6 February 2012

Our Gala Night

Our first gala as a married couple and my first Canadian gala was gorgeous! We were invited by a really sweet couple we actually met during our marriage preparation courses at a Catholic Church here in Ottawa. I really didn't know what to expect... I knew the location was beautiful, The Fairmont Chateau Laurier, so the food could only be delicious due to their reputation! I stressed a bit over my dress and hair as any girl does and decided on a simple lace dress that luckily turned out to be a great choice. We met a great group of people that night! A fun night full of laughs and great conversation. What a mix of people! Canadian, Irish, Italian, Polish, Texan... Lawyer, Ottawa Government Employee, Restaurant Owner, Yoga Instructor, Family Pharmacy & Investment Officer just at our table! The focus of the evening was on childhood obesity and the Prime Minister's wife gave a lovely speech. Tony Greco was the host of the event who is frequently sought out by some of the biggest names in the NHL. One of them being Mike Fisher who I only know as Mrs. Carrie Underwood's Husband! Unfortunately they have already left Ottawa for Nashville, so my hopes of seeing her were zero. But what a highlight that would have been!





No comments:

Post a Comment